Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Modified Milking at the Rocking-M





Well, the modified or almost modified milking is going well for Little Miss Ruby Tuesday Bender. Being Ms. Bender only had one kid on this first freshening, I didn't want her udder to get lopsided. I'm also looking too increase her capacity. So she is on the milk stand morning and night giving around 20 oz. each milking...

I tend to compare her to my first Ms. Bender (may she R.I.P.) who gave a whopping gallon per day at one point. She was a super-duper milker.

The modified milking is actually working at well because I don't have to worry as much about what time I get home to milk. I know the little one Fudge Ripple will be suckling until I get there. Also, Fudge Ripple is getting the best care from her momma. I know bottle babies make the friendliest goats, but as much as Fudge gets packed around - I don't think I have to worry about that. And I feel nature's way is the best way.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: